What makes Karate training such a good workout?:
Human movement occurs in 3 planes of motion: Forward & backward, Up & down (Sagittal Plane), Side to side (Frontal Plane), Rotating (Transverse Plane). Shotokan karate techniques integrate and develop each of these 3 planes of movement. Our Karate Training at Tokon Martial Arts Sacramento does not only mimic these moves but adds additional challenges and demands on muscles, skeleton and the nervous system with special stances and moves, but also the feeling for balance, timing and distance. Through repeating and refining these techniques, karate students become more aware of human movements, and how they can increase the speed and power of their movements. This is combined with a high number of repetitions to condition the body and to teach motor learning as well as kinesthetic awareness. By developing these movement skills, students both develop functional strength for daily life, and build a strong athletic base that allows them to perform better in any physical activity. Karate is the perfect overall body and mind workout for children and adults of any age.
What Karate has to offer:
Tokon Martial Arts helps students of all ages develop their bodies, and their social skills.
Specifically, it helps them:
Our teaching philosophy:
Tokon Martial Arts teaching philosophy is built around 7 tenets:
Shotokan karate – not just for kids:
Tokon Martial Arts karate helps adults develop their professional abilities, and their careers. A prolonged period of karate training helps you develop discipline, commitment, and lasting friendships. And it looks great on a resume, for just those reasons.
Efficient and effective:
Karate is an ancient art. However, we have seen recently that the skills and techniques that you learn in Shotokan karate are absolutely applicable to modern fighting. Lyoto Machida won the UFC light heavyweight championship through his use of Shotokan karate. He overwhelmed and frustrated his opponents by using the seamless efficiency of movement and attack provided by Shotokan – the same kind of karate taught by Marcus and Christina Hinschberger.
Guided, coached and taught by the right instructor, Shotokan karate is a treasure for your life and can be a remarkably effective and powerful fighting form.
Karate Philosophy Dojo Kun:
一、人格完成に努むること Hitotsu, jinkaku kansei ni tsutomuru koto •Seek perfection of character
一、誠の道を守ること Hitotsu, makoto no michi wo mamoru koto •Be faithful
一、努力の精神を養うこと Hitotsu, doryōku no seishin wo yashinau koto •Endeavor to excel
一、礼儀を重んずること Hitotsu, reigi wo omonzuru koto •Respect others
一、血気の勇を戒むること Hitotsu, kekki no yū wo imashimuru koto • Refrain from violent behavior
1. Karate-do wa rei ni hajimari, rei ni owaru koto wo wasurna. (Karate-do begins with respect and ends with respect.)
2. Karate ni sente nashi. (There is no first attack in karate.)
3. Karate wa gi no tasuke. (Karate is a great assistance to justice.)
4. Mazu jiko wo shire, shikoshite tao wo shire. (First you must know (control) yourself, then you can know (control) others.)
5. Gijutsu yori shinjutsu. (Spirit first; techniques second.)
6. Kokoro wa hanatan koto wo yosu. (Always be ready to release your mind.)
7. Wazawai wa getai ni shozu. (Misfortune [accidents] always comes out of idleness [negligence].)
8. Dojo nomino karate to omou na. (Do not think that karate training is only in the dojo.)
9. Karate no shugyo wa issho de aru. (It will take your entire life to learn karate.)
10. Arai-yuru mono wo karate-ka seyo, soko ni myo-mi ari. (Put your everyday living into karate and you will find the ideal state of existence [myo].)
11. Karate wa yu no goto shi taezu natsudo wo ataezareba moto no mizu ni kaeru. (Karate is like hot water. If you do not give it heat constantly, it will again become cold water.)
12. Katsu kangae wa motsu na makenu kangae wa hitsuyo. (Do not think about winning. Rather, think how not to lose.)
13. Tekki ni yotte tenka seyo. (Victory depends on your ability to distinguish vulnerable points from invulnerable ones.)
14. Tattakai wa kyo-jutsu no soju ikan ni ari. (The battle is according to how you maneuver guarded and unguarded. Move according to your opponent.)
15. Hito no te ashi wo ken to omoe. (Think of your hands and feet as swords.)
16. Danshi mon wo izureba hyakuman no tekki ari. (When you leave home, think that you have numerous opponents waiting for you. It is your behavior that invites trouble from them.)
17. Kamae wa shoshinsha ni ato wa shizentai. (Beginners must master low stance and posture; natural body position for advanced.)
18. Kata wa tadashiku jissen wa betsu mono. (Practicing a kata is one thing, and engaging in a real fight is another.)
19. Chikara no kyojaku, karada no shinshuku, waza no kankyu wo wasaruna. (Do not forget  strength and weakness of power,  stretching and contraction of the body, and  slowness and speed of techniques. Apply these correctly.)
20. Tsune ni shinen kufu seyo. (Always think and devise ways to live the precepts every day.)
Call us at (916) 835 - 7717
or use the contact form below
Located in Natomas Sacramento California. We are Sacramento’s premier and best Karate and martial arts training facility for kids, children and adults. We teach traditional shotokan karate and self-defense in Sacramento. Our Karate school has affiliations with the Japan Karate Association (JKA) as well as ties to the ISKF (International Shotokan Karate Federation). We get you in shape and your child bully proofed. Shotokan Karate has a long history but has proven itself in the 21st century. Shotokan is the Karate style that made Lyoto Machida a MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) champion. Karate training is the perfect full body workout and that’s why we hope to see you soon at our Karate Dojo. We also offer private lessons, personal training, boot camps as well as athletic performance coaching. The high level of instructions and personal attention to every student sets our Karate school apart from all other martial arts places in the area.