Sensei Christina & Sensei Marcus Hinschberger
Sacramento's Karate Power Couple
World Class Karate Instructors in Natomas Sacramento
Sensei Marcus Hinschberger is a 6th-degree black belt with the International KarateCoaching Federation and a 5th-degree black belt with the Japan Karate Association (JKA). He is the founder of the worlds most comprehensive karate website - www.karatecoaching.com.
Sensei Marcus started learning karate in 1990 and was directly mentored by senior Shotokan Karate instructors from Japan. He has participated in various national and international karate championships and was ranked as a Top-3 DJKB Shotokan Karate fighter in 2000 before coming to the United States from his homeland Germany.
The strong Japanese influence is still evident in his fighting spirit and warrior (budoka) mindset. Sensei Marcus has taught karate to numerous students and athletes around the world, helping them attain success in life, business and competitions worldwide. As a personal trainer and athletic performance coach, he fuses the traditional Japanese training and values of karate-do with modern training techniques. Sensei Marcus is the owner of Tokon Martial Arts in Natomas Sacramento where he teaches traditional Karate and Martial Arts.
Sensei Marcus is certified personal training with NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine), certified in FMS (Functional Movement Screening) and a Level 1 athletic performance coach with the Athletes Performance Center (EXXOS) in Phoenix.
Sensei Christina Hinschberger is a 5th-degree black belt with the International KarateCoaching Federation and a 5th-degree black belt with the ISKF. She has been practicing Shotokan karate for over 30 years. She was part of the International Shotokan Karate Federation (ISKF) national team representing the United States in various international tournaments. Sensei Christina has been teaching Shotokan karate since she was 16 years old. She teaches with energy and enthusiasm. Her passion is obvious, and you can see that as her students build their skills, character, and self-confidence. She is also a California Multiple Subject Credentialed teacher, Certified Personal Trainer through the National Association of Sports Medicine and a Certified Yoga Instructor through Yoga Alliance.
Sensei Christina is the co-owner of Tokon Martial Arts in Natomas Sacramento where she teaches traditional Karate and Martial Arts.
11 Reasons Why You Want to Train With Us
- We are a traditional Karate school that teaches Karate as it is taught in Japan.
- We are Sacramento's best Karate school for Shotokan. Sensei Marcus has trained and coached many national and international karate champions.
- We have affiliations with all major Karate federations such as International KarateCoaching Federation, ISKF, JKA, WJKA, AJKA, AAU and USANKF
- We are family oriented and have the fairest and most reasonable tuition fees & pricing
- You will learn effective self-defense techniques, learn determination and gain self-confidence.
- If desired we will have you certified for the most recognized Karate federation in the world the Japan Karate Association (JKA), with a network of over 100,000 dojos around the world your rank will be honored around the world and your invested time won't be lost. Sensei Marcus is a recognized Instructor with the JKA.
- Our standards are higher. Training at Tokon Martial Arts means blood, sweat and tears. The rewards are students that will become true leaders.
- Train with the best. Sensei Marcus is not only a former successful competitor but also the founder & president of KarateCoaching.com. The biggest and most comprehensive Karate-Website in the world. Karate students and instructor from around the world subscribe to this pristine website to get coaching advice, ideas and inspiration.
- Sensei Marcus is a NASM certified personal trainer, athletic performance coach and is certified in Functional Movement Screening. No other Shotokan Karate instructor in the Sacramento area has such a knowledgeable background and is as qualified and certified.
- Sensei Christina is a successful national and international competitor and has represented the USA many times with the ISKF national team.
- We offer 6x a week training - no limited classes or extra charges like other schools
If you live in Natomas Sacramento you are lucky to have two world class traditional Karate instructions in your city. Come and experience the family friendly, high spirited atmosphere at Tokon Martial Arts. Sacramento's best Karate School for traditional Shotokan Karate and Martial Arts.
Call us at (916) 835 - 7717
or use the contact form below
Located in Natomas Sacramento California. We are Sacramento’s premier and best Karate and martial arts training facility for kids, children and adults. We teach traditional shotokan karate and self-defense in Sacramento. Our Karate school has affiliations with the Japan Karate Association (JKA) as well as ties to the ISKF (International Shotokan Karate Federation). We get you in shape and your child bully proofed. Shotokan Karate has a long history but has proven itself in the 21st century. Shotokan is the Karate style that made Lyoto Machida a MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) champion. Karate training is the perfect full body workout and that’s why we hope to see you soon at our Karate Dojo. We also offer private lessons, personal training, boot camps as well as athletic performance coaching. The high level of instructions and personal attention to every student sets our Karate school apart from all other martial arts places in the area.